This position is responsible for managing Purchasing and inventory planning operations, ensures the company gets the best product, services and prices while establishing appropriate controls to maximize business results.
- Develop and provide strategic direction and leadership for “Purchasing and inventory planning” department.
- Develop annual cost reduction and implement strategies that directly affect company financial results. Create, execute and report-out department goals and objectives (metrics).
- Create and implement procurement processes and programs that will be mutually beneficial to company and the suppliers.
- Overseeing strategy for each commodity group including definition of best supplier option (total pricing, marketing support, training, brand recognition, cash flow impact, etc.)
- Develop and implement together with the team, Marketing Department and respective suppliers, marketing plan to promote the brands we represent in our branches
- Manage the inventory planning team aiming to improve first fill rates in our branches and overall parts availability
- Hands on approach to support the team in negotiations with suppliers. Negotiate and review negotiated contracts. Ensure that purchasing team members negotiate contracts and/or write pricing agreements that are mutually beneficial to both the Company and the supplier partners. Ensure critical issues are addressed, including, but not limited to, lead-time, pricing, cancellation clauses, payment terms and conditions, rebate programs, and penalty or reward clauses.
- Responsible for prioritization of payment cash flow to suppliers
- Project manage IT solutions in 1C to optimize processes and reduce manual work
- Ensure that department priorities and resources are effectively managed and deployed to meet deadlines and commitments to other stakeholders.
- Work with supply chain to resolve issues with delivery of material and inventory optimization.
- Manage 8 direct reports (5 purchasing & 3 inventory planning). Mentor subordinates, assisting in creating professional and technical growth goals for each team member. Assist the team in solving specific challenges and overcoming roadblocks when necessary, so that agreed goals and objectives are met.
- Facilitate and encourage open, direct, and professional communication with other departments, suppliers and department staff members.
- Ensure all internal procurement processes and procedural controls are being administered effectively to minimize risk to the company.
- Provide leadership that promotes positive and effective interdepartmental interactions.
- Leverage ERP (1С) system
- Promote strong supplier relationships through mutually beneficial partnerships. Assist in developing new suppliers as needed to support business plan objectives.
- Establish improvement objectives and opportunities and work with supplier partners as needed to achieve results.
- Three to five years of experience in purchasing & inventory planning operations
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers and staff at all organizational levels
- Experience in distribution or B2B sector will be considered as an advantage
- Fluent English will be considered as an advantage
The Company offers:
- Full compliance to Ukrainian labour law
- Competitive salary and compensation package;
- Diversified tasks & challenging job;
- Professional development.